lunes, 9 de enero de 2012

Vegas Robaina Unicos 27-Dec-2011 (smoked and reviewed at LCDH Cancun)

Vegas Robaina Unicos (Smoked and Reviewed at La Casa del Habano in Cancun) 27-Dec-2011
Origin:  Cuba
Format:  Piramides
Size:  52 x 156

Initial impressions:  Aroma at cold is leather and chocolate.  Wrapper is almost flawless and is dark and a bit oily.  Draw at cold is easy, but not loose.  I find it funny as I sit at the bar in LCDH Cancun, I am staring ahead at a photo of none other than Alejandro Robaina himself – almost gazing over my cigar choice and thinking “Buena onda” (although I doubt “Buena onda” was in his daily vocabulary).

Opening:  Draw remains on the easy side, notes of leather, spice and chocolate abound.  Loads of smoke and a grey white ash.

First third:  Great beginning to what I have found to be a predictably good cigar.  Strong side of medium working its way to medium full.  Flavors are still spice, leather and chocolate.

Second third:  Flavors are staying consistent, but the cigar is moving towards medium full.  Pairing with a Macallan 18 year.  For those who know me, yes, I would have gone with something a bit more interesting, but their scotch selection was a bit wanting.

Final third:  Medium full at this point.  A very good cigar with loads of flavor.  Leather spice gone away and gave way to a strong creamy chocolate flavor.

Final thoughts:  I love the entire Robaina marca.  While not my favorite vitola, the Unicos never disappoint.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario