martes, 10 de enero de 2012

H. Upmann Magnum 50 Tubo - 9-Jan-2012

video
video

H. Upmann Magnum 50 Tubo - 9-Jan-2012

Origin:  Cuba
Format:  Double Robusto
Size:  50 x 160

Have I told you I really like cigar display boxes?  For the benefit of my non-cigar enthusiast readers, some cigars come in cardboard display packaging of 3 or 5 cigars (with our without tubos).  In addition to boxes of 10, 20, 24, 25 of 50 cigars on our shelves, we also have some cigars in these displays in our store.  We sell these both as singles as well as in packages of 3 or 5 cigars.  When we sell singles, inevitably we end of with one or two lonely cigars in the display.  That was the case with this H. Upmann Magnum 50 Tubo.  It must have sat alone in its display for the last 6 months.  Today, I decided to put it out of its misery.

Initial impressions:  Nice oily looking wrapper, somewhat loose draw at cold, aroma at cold is leathery and spicy.

Opening:  Good news is the somewhat loose draw firmed up a touch after lighting and a few puffs.  Tastes of honey, creamy and leather/spice.

First third:  Medium bodied smoke, a nice volume of smoke, still very creamy with subtle hints of leather and spice.

Second third:  As I finish up the first third, my friend Gerardo rides up on his Harley.  Note that our shop is on 5th Avenue, which is pedestrian only, but that doesn’t stop him.  I don’t have the heart to tell him that sportsters are for girls.  Anyway, he rides up and parks in front of our stoop more often than not because I think he wants me to get jealous because I left my Harley in Texas (uh, a man’s Harley – softail crossbones with springer front end).  Anyway, back to the smoke.  Cigar is coming along nicely, with really nice creamy nutty notes.  Still medium bodied.

Final third:  The creamy, oily nuttiness continues as the cigar strengthens a bit to medium plus.

Conclusion:  This was my first from the H. Upmann Magnum series and I was very happy with this cigar.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario