lunes, 26 de diciembre de 2011

Montecristo Open Eagle Review 24-Dec-2011

If only life came with a rewind button. 

Montecristo Open Eagle
Origin:  Cuba
Format:  Geniales
Size: 54 x 150

Initial impressions:  Aroma at cold is slightly floral but honestly, no true dominant flavors are present.  Appearance is good, nice oily wrapper with only a few imperfections.  Firm draw.

Opening:  Draw remains firm.  Not quite the volume of smoke I would like to see.  At the start it is mild.  Flavors are very muted as if to be a “less filling, tastes great” version of a Montecristo, only they forgot the “tastes great” part.  The reader should know that although I am keeping an open mind, I have not heard good things about this Open line.  This cigar I am smoking is from an undisturbed box of 20 on our shelves.  If the tourists know not to buy this cigar, that should tell you something.

First third:  Firm draw continues, which I like, but it is holding back a decent volume of smoke.  Flavors remain muted, or a better way of putting it is bland.

Second third:  Unfortunately, nothing has changed here.  It is beginning to feel like work smoking this cigar.  I continue nevertheless.  Bland, flavorless, mild, meek, weak.  Like wet bread.

Final third:  Smoke volume is moving in the right direction but everything else is stuck in neutral.  Flavor never developed past muted barnyard flavors and almost a sickening mildness.

Conclusion:  I have read reviews that the Open series is good because it’s a “beginners” cigar.  I find that laughable, because I can’t imagine a new smoker enjoying this, or being drawn to other Cuban cigars as a result.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario